Environment
🇲🇴 Macao SAR ChinaAbrantes, and Also Reached
Two people suffered minor injuries but have since recovered. The fire, which burned through scrubland and forested areas, had at its peak mobilized 578 firefighters and other operatives, the source from the Médio Tejo sub-regional Emergency and Civil Protection command said, adding that the blaze had "yielded to the resources" deployed against it. The regional head of the National Authority for Emergency and Civil Protection (ANEPC) told Lusa that two operatives — not three as previously reported — sustained light injuries and were taken to Abrantes Hospital, where they recovered quickly and returned to the theater of operations.
As of 3:30 a.m., 150 vehicles and 507 operatives were still on the ground. No damage to homes was reported. The fire started Saturday at 3:11 p.m. between Vale Mouriscas and Lercas and spread toward Mação, also in the Santarém district, where it was already burning. During Saturday afternoon, hundreds of operatives and 16 aircraft fought the flames, though aerial operations were suspended at nightfall with ground crews reinforced.
Source: RTP Notícias
Most read in this category
Loading article…