Sports
FIFA Says Lamour Left Organisation, Did Not Respond to Request for Comment
FIFA said on Tuesday (AEST) that Kevin Lamour had left the organisation, and did not respond to a request for comment.
The final straw was the unexpected dismissal of Kevin Lamour, Csanyi wrote in a letter seen by. "Kevin performed his duties to a high professional and ethical standard and, as a highly competent executive, made a significant contribution to the transparent operation of the organisation. The fact that his dismissal was prompted by his criticism of the above-mentioned initiative — an initiative that you yourself ultimately acknowledged to have been misguided — points to serious shortcomings in professional judgement, ethical standards and leadership.
FIFA said on Tuesday (AEST) that Lamour had left the organisation, and did not respond to a request for comment. Lamour had said staff had been "deceived over the plan, which he described as the project of one person. Csanyi is the fourth FIFA vice-president to call out Infantino in recent months, joining UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin, AFC president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa, and CONCACAF president Vittorio Montagliani. Montenegro's Dejan Savicevic, a FIFA Council member since 2017 and president of the country's football association, also withdrew an earlier letter of support for Infantino's candidacy.
Source: ABC Australia Sport
Most read in this category
Loading article…